Monday, July 17, 2006

It's a little hot

It is hot hot-hot-here today, records are breaking like eggs and oozing all over the soft, melting pavement. Toronto is 33' with the humidex taking it up to 40'. I am glad to be at the lake. There's a stiff breeze off the water, cooling the world off. Later, when it calms, I will take my evening swim. The sun is dazzling bright, and the living is easy.

Tomorrow I start the publicity for my summer writing groups in Parry Sound. The first session is next Monday. Hope someone registers.

Life is steady and quiet here. The cottage is a half-hour drive from civilization (P. Snd.), although the McLellar library is only ten minutes by car, open four part days a week. So the internet is available in limited quantities. They built a new radio tower this spring, and we now have great cell-phone reception at the lake. Not everyone around here can say that. There is a general store in McK. too, so most things are available there, at hugely inflated prices, of course.

I was reading over my journals from Mexico this morning, looking for missing pieces for a story I'm working on, and what an interesting journey that was! I'm sure there's a body of work there, if I can just tease it out.

Cheerio, fans and friends,
Jacquie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jacquie,
The weather here has been fabulous!
Right now it's 31 degrees. I'm sitting in my little office trying to look busy. I keep making trips to the loading dock to take in the sun. Mona and Nathan both gave their notice last week. Time to hire once again! I'll fill you in some more on your e-mail address, but things are going pretty good for me at the moment.
Take care of yourself
Love
Deb

2:09 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

can't wait to hear who the goddess sent to your first group...
look forward to hearing all.
love,
k
ps we wrote about taboos today. very interesting.

3:16 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home